What: Level 2 Smart Phone and Tablet Technician
Where: Harvey, LA
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Pay: $12/hr starting. Review after 90-day introductory period and potential for rapid pay increases, including commission for repairs and product sales.
Type: Part-time starting out (~30-35 hrs/week). Review after 90-day introductory period. Permanent position with opportunity to develop in title and responsibility as you grow with us. We’re looking for someone who’s in for the long-haul.
How: Submit resume and two professional references. (resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or entry at bottom of page)
- High school diploma
- 2+ years of phone/tablet diagnosis and repair
- 2+ years customer service experience
- 3+ years of phone/tablet/personal electronics (e.g. iPod Touch and Nintendo 3DS) diagnosis and repair, including software repair and soldering.
Background Check/ Drug Test: Yes/No
Join our team of professionals who pour our hearts and souls into crafting what’s best for our clients: repairs, research, support, or just a bit of advice to help someone make the choice that’s best for their needs. We want our clients to be empowered by knowledge and choice. We strive to make our repairs and service world-class.
We’re seeking a candidate who will become a crucial part of our team and everyday operations. We will train the right candidate to our exacting standards and provide best-in-class resources to ensure he or she can perform the best repairs possible.
- Excellent observational memory to learn clients, processes, and electronic devices
- Personable and warm communication
- Comfort interacting with clients from diverse set of backgrounds
- Ability to learn and translate industry jargon into accessible concepts for clients
- In good general health and can lift and transport desktop computers that can weigh as much as 35+ lbs.
- Able to multitask efficiently and flexibly
- Excellent written communication and note taking
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Experience with repair for all major manufacturers (Apple, Samsung, LG, etc.)
- Experience with replacing digitizers, screen assemblies, flex cable components, as well as using rotary tools and clamps for chassis reshaping
- (Preferred) Experience with soldering and reworking SMD components, such as charging ports, batteries, and surface mount buttons
- (Preferred) Experience with using software tools for data recovery, transfers, and repair
- Checking in/out personal devices for clients through point of sale
- Taking detailed notes about product observations, diagnoses, repairs, and client interactions
- Answering phones and responding to questions from clients and prospective clients
- Diagnosing and replacing/repairing component-level problems on phones and tablets of most makes and models
- Collaborating with owners for implementation of new service and repair techniques
- Accepting and completing tasks assigned by owners, including client communications and repairs